You probably saw Chance Busey’s photo spread of Military Appreciation Day in this space on Saturday. He attended the annual picnic and play day honoring local military families at Sehmel Homestead Park and got some great pictures of this event that we proudly supported.
A favorite is of this little girl choosing a toy boat from a very inviting kiddie pool that Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard had at the park.
We were proud to be part of this special military community appreciation event sponsored by the local chapter of the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) and the Gig Harbor Chamber of Commerce.
The Gig Harbor AUSA chapter supports the 201st Military Intelligence Brigade out of Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM) and hosted its 4th annual Military Appreciation Day at Sehmel Park last Friday.
Community Involvement is What We’re About @ The Boatyard
The boatyard was happy to participate as a steady supporter of AUSA and the Gig Harbor community in general.
“We’ve been a supporter of AUSA for a couple of years now,” said Danielle Taylor, hospitality manager at Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard. She was on hand at Sehmel handing out water bottles and keeping the kiddie pool supplied with boats. “We are so grateful for the service of our local military. We feel so blessed to be part of this community.”
Community involvement is what we’re about here at the boatyard and we enjoy supporting the various threads that make up the fabric of Gig Harbor.
- Danielle and The Club @ the Boatyard have hosted several of AUSA’s “Right Arm Nights” devoted to building partnerships between the military members and the community.
- The boatyard has been a supporter of both the Gig Harbor Canoe & Kayak Racing Team and the GHYC Junior Sail Program — (generosity that is greatly appreciated as someone involved with the latter program, so thank you, Danielle).
- The Club has been made available for various community and charitable organizations, such as Community in Schools, Harbor WildWatch, the Greater Gig Harbor Foundation and many others.
- Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard participates in the Downtown Waterfront Alliance’s annual Girls Night Out, the Wine & Food Festival and Trick or the Treat in the Harbor.
- We hold an annual community Swap Meet of all things nautical and marine, fitting for the Maritime City.
Come down to Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard and be part of this dynamic community. We’ll see you on the harbor!