Donkey Creek Chum Festival
Harbor History Museum
Nov. 16 – 12 to 4 p.m. ~ Free Admission
Harbor WildWatch & the Harbor History Museum Announce Annual Chum Festival:
Every year the greater Gig Harbor community celebrates the return of the salmon to our local waters. The annual Donkey Creek Chum Festival serves to remind us that the quality of the water, and the habitat it supports, connects us all.
Join festival hosts Harbor WildWatch and the Harbor History Museum, as well as community partners, for a fun afternoon of activities as we commit to new ways to improve and protect our waterways.
This free family-friendly event is hosted at the Harbor History Museum on Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019.
Chum Festival Activities:
- Bring a T-shirt or blank tote bag and do some fish printing with the KGI Watershed Council
- Guess the weight of the salmon with PenMet Parks
- Touch some sea creatures with Harbor WildWatch
- Salmon Walking Tours (1 and 2 p.m.) guide visitors through Austin Estuary and conclude at Donkey Creek Park where you can view salmon on their journey
- Dragon boat and kayak races begin at 1 p.m.
- Fun activities with Curious by Nature School
- Tours of the Shenandoah at the museum
- EnviroCorps will have fun activities all day
- Chum burgers will be cooked up by the Gig Harbor Kiwanis Club, Water’s Edge and the Gig Harbor Commercial Fishing Club
Check out more at harborwildwatch.org.