Marine Technician / Mechanic
Gig Harbor Marina and Boatyard began its’ life in 1905 as Skansie’s Ship Building Company. As this fishing boat repair shop grew, it became the largest of its’ kind on Puget Sound and had the incredible task of building the first Washington State ferries. We are extremely proud of our history and legacy of quality marine services and strive to continue to provide skillful service to our members.
Today, we are a full-service marina and boatyard centrally located in beautiful, bustling downtown Gig Harbor. With 106 slips, a 50-metric ton Marine Travelift, and special work area, we are everything a boater needs in one stop. In addition, we are the only full service haulout and repair facility in Gig Harbor, with an experienced crew to help our customers with all their boat maintenance and repair needs.
We are looking for a reliable, self-assured Marine Service Technician to perform maintenance and repairs on a variety of marine watercraft. The Marine Service Technician's responsibilities include regular inspection and testing of engines, propellers, and steering mechanisms, as well as replacing valves and bolts. You should also own or be able to purchase the required tools and supplies.
To be successful as a Marine Service Technician, you should have excellent attention to detail and strong self-discipline.
The list of talents and experience we are seeking include:
* Mechanical work-Shafts, props, engine alignment, engine service (diesel and gas)
* Light mechanical-Pumps, deck machinery, through hull fittings, plumbing, and sanitation
* Sailboat rigger-Masts, booms, furling, standing and running rigging, deck hardware
* Heating and refrigeration installation, troubleshooting and repair
* Marine AC/DC Electrician & Equipment Installer
* Paint and fiberglass-Structural fiberglass, gel coat, spray and brush topside coatings
*Antifouling Application Specialist
The ideal applicant will have/be:
* Previous professional experience working in a boat yard or yacht service operation
* Multiple skillsets
* Good personal tool selection
* Excellent clean work habits, organizational and communication skills
* Exceptional attention to detail, multitasking capabilities
* Team player, work well with others
* Practical boating experience
* Valid WA driver’s license and reliable transportation
* Honest and dependable. On time. Job focused. Clean appearance
* Drug free
* Top pay
* Full medical/dental/optical
* Excellent working environment
Applicants will be asked to provide a resume and references. Compensation DOE.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $29.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
All customers and employees are required to wear a mask when inside the office.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gig Harbor, WA 98335: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location