You may have already heard that there will be a Nativity Scene at the Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard this year. Here are the nuts and bolts of what is taking place:
An ad hoc committee was created, chaired by Gary Wiens, consisting of local pastors, business owners, and community leaders, with a growing list of business sponsors outside of the Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard.
The committee is sponsoring a Nativity display, Reception Center, and toy and clothing drive to benefit the community through Fish Food Bank.
3155 Harborview Dr, Gig Harbor, WA 98335
Schedule of Events in December so far
- 4:00 PM Reception Center opens
- 5:00 PM Tree lighting ceremony at Skansie
- 6:30 PM – Inter-church worship service at The Club @ the Boatyard
- Toy and clothing (new, outer wear) drive through Fish Food Bank (3rd – 20th)
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM – Caroling (at least every Saturday and Sunday up until Christmas. Additional time slots available.)
- 6:30 PM – Inter-church worship service @ The Club
A statement from the committee chair, Gary Wiens
“Gig Harbor has had a long-standing foundation of Christian values, stemming from the first immigrants who established the community. This event gives expression to those values, which arise from the Christian message that God sent His Son Jesus into the world because of His great love for all humanity. This display is not a political statement, it is a declaration of the love of God revealed in the ultimate gift – Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world.
The Christmas season is the celebration of God’s ultimate gift of His Son to the world. In response to His gift, we are providing opportunity to bring Gifts for Kids – toys and outerwear clothing for kids in the community who need them. This drive is in cooperation with the Gig Harbor Fish Food Bank. Toys and clothing may be dropped off at the Reception Center, 3155 Harborview Drive, Dec. 3-20, from Noon to 7:30 every day.”