Second Wave @ the Boatyard Marine Consignment Store
Now Hiring Retail Store Manager & Retail Associate
Second Wave @ the Boatyard is a premier marine consignment store coming to Gig Harbor in March. We have an opening for a retail store manager and a retail sales associate at our new location at 3720 Harborview Drive.
Please send applications to: Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard General Manager Ron Roark at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, references, e-mail and phone number.
Retail Store Manager
We are looking for a team player with management experience. This is an opportunity for you to create and maintain an effective and fun work environment while providing direction to the store staff and leading by example. This is a fast-paced position and the ability to multi-task and wear many hats is required.
Second Wave @ the Boatyard is part of Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard, a full-service marina, boatyard and hospitality business operating at the heart of downtown Gig Harbor. At the Boatyard we pride ourselves in being professional, friendly and focused on providing customers with a wonderful experience and excellent customer service. We expect our team members to value the same core values.
The ideal applicant must have:
- An understanding of retail and consignment.
- Knowledge of marine parts and equipment (know what specific items are and how they work).
- Skills in identifying marine parts and equipment, researching their value and pricing them.
- Experience in managing and controlling inventory.
- Computer skills and ability to adopt new technologies and information systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent, clean work habits, organizational and communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Excellent management and operational skills including being able to prioritize tasks, set goals and expectations, and manage operations to those goals and expectations.
- Valid Washington driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The ideal applicant may have (these are not requirements, but if you possess this experience it’s an advantage):
- Previous professional experience working in a boatyard or marine supply business.
- Experience buying equipment and goods at auctions.
- Skills in working with databases a bonus.
- Existing contacts within the maritime industry a bonus.
The ideal applicant:
- Loves the boating industry, working with marine parts and equipment and interacting with other boating enthusiasts.
- Enjoys sales and marketing, delighting customers and focusing on excellent customer service.
- Is a team player who enjoys working with and interacting with people.
- Is able to lift minimum of 30 pounds and be on feet most of the day.
- Values sustainability in the form of recycle, re-purpose, resell and reuse philosophies.
- Is open to and embraces change.
- Has strong problem-solving skills.
- Has the ability to see the big picture in addition to addressing daily details effectively.
- Honest and dependable, on time, job-focused with a clean appearance.
- Drug free.
- Day-to-day management and operations of selling and consignment activities and operation of the store.
- Execute and maintain merchandise presentation, displays and housekeeping standards.
- Handle multiple store projects and meet deadlines as directed.
- Hire, train and develop sales, moving and inventory intake/processing staff.
- Plan and execute a daily to-do list of activities including equipment moves throughout the store, display changes, administrative tasks, sales tasks, etc.
- Operate store and/or prepare employee work schedules and provide for store coverage at all times.
- Strive to meet or exceed daily, weekly and monthly sales plan while upholding outstanding customer service.
- Arrange and oversee incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Accept items on consignment and articulately explain our consignment process to potential consignors, manage consignment and intake staff.
- Ensure that processing and pricing of incoming consignment items is done efficiently and on a timely basis, and that pricing is consistent and within a correct range based on the brand, condition and demand of the items.
- Report directly to Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard Managing Director.
- Competitive pay.
- Full medical/dental/vision insurance and benefits.
- Excellent working environment.
Second Wave @ the Boatyard is part of Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard located in Puget Sound in Gig Harbor, Wash. Gig Harbor has:
- Great community and living opportunities.
- Excellent school system.
- Affordable housing and all services.
- Close proximity and easy access to Tacoma and other metropolitan areas.
Applicants will be asked to provide a resume and references. Compensation DOE. Please send applications to: Ron Roark, email@example.com with resume, references, e-mail and phone number.
Go to Second Wave at the Boatyard to enter your email to be notified when we launch.