Happy first day of summer from Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard. Enjoy a summer of fun activities in the harbor: dragon boats, gondola cruises, kayaking, sailing and motoring — come enjoy relaxing therapy on the water, plus plenty of events on land.
A Full Summer of Fun & Festivals in the Harbor
- The Gig Harbor Waterfront Farmers Market offers fresh produce and seafood, honey, delicious baked goods, hand-made soaps and other crafts every Thursday in Skansie Brothers Park next to Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard. The Waterfront Farmers Market is open from 3 to 7 p.m. through August 25.
- After browsing the market on June 23 walk over to The Club @ the Boatyard for the June Members’ Event, a concert featuring the Whiskey Barrel Band. The blues and roots trio will perform from 7 to 9 p.m., so bring your own beverage and favorite dish as you enjoy great music at our potluck-style gathering. If you’re not a member of The Club yet, that’s no problem: just pay the $1 membership fee when you get there. A $15 donation is suggested for the concert to ensure more great events at The Club @ the Boatyard. Please Click Here to RSVP to Danielle Taylor: 253-358-6546.
- June 28 is the first concert of the Summer Sounds at Skansie series, 6:30 to 8 p.m. on the Gig Harbor waterfront. The New Senate Band featuring Nick Drummond will perform the first concert of summer 2016 at Skansie Brothers Park. The free Summer Sounds at Skansie concerts run every Tuesday through Aug. 16. The show goes on rain or shine, so set your lawn chair in place early and come back for dinner at the JW @ the Boatyard food trolley next to the park.
- Friday Family Fun Movies in the Park hosted at Skansie Brothers Park each Friday in July. “The Minions” is the first movie, set for July 1 at 9:15 p.m. Start times are approximate and movies will start when it is dark enough. Movies are cancelled during rain or high wind. Bring chairs or blankets. Special thanks to Harbor WildWatch for providing family friendly activities beginning at 7:30 p.m. Be sure to stop by JW @ the Boatyard for refreshments before the movie starts. Learn more at Movies in the Park.
- The Gig Harbor Summer Art Festival is set for July 16-17 on Judson Street. Summer Art Festival.
- The Gig Harbor Wine & Food Festival is on tap for July 21-23. The annual event celebrates the region’s wine, spirits, brews & food. It features the popular Sip & Stroll through downtown businesses, Winemaker Dinners, Grand Tastings & Educational Offerings; plus, new this year, the Sunset Dinner at The Club, held at The Club @ the Boatyard. Gig Harbor Wine & Food Festival.
Come see what’s happening in Gig Harbor this summer.