The Summer’s Hottest Band Plays the Waterfront this Week
Next in the lineup for Summer Sounds at Skansie concerts in the park: just Gig Harbor’s favorite rock and dance band, The Beatniks.
The crowd-pleasing Beatniks play Skansie Brothers Park on July 10 from 6:30-8 p.m. in the Tuesday night summer concert series in downtown Gig Harbor.
Harborview Drive will be closed from Pionner to Rosedale streets as it always is for the hottest band on the Summer Sounds at Skansie schedule. So, set up your lawn chair in the park earlier in the day, plan ahead for parking and be ready to enjoy a fun evening on the Gig Harbor waterfront.
Of course you want to grab a bite of dinner while you’re waiting for the music to start and the easiest way to do that is from The Trolley @ the Boatyard, conveniently located next to the park at Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard.
Get Dinner @ The Trolley to Enjoy with The Beatniks
Pick up a delicious Crab and Shrimp Roll, a summer-lite Pineapple Shrimp Taco or the all-time favorite, crisp and tender beer-battered Fish & Chips. Eat at our tables by The Trolley or take your food to your place staked out in the park. There’s something for everyone on our Summer Menu.
The City of Gig Harbor, along with sponsors Harbor Hill and CHI Franciscan, are proud to present The Beatniks as part of the 16th annual of Summer Sounds at Skansie concert series at Skansie Brothers Park, 3207 Harborview Drive, along the waterfront.
Concert attendees are reminded of the following:
- The Beatniks draw several thousand attendees and organizers ask the public allow plenty of time to get to the event, carpool, or ride the PT Trolley.
- Place your lawn chairs in the park after 7 a.m. on Tuesday concert days — no ropes or ties are allowed around your chairs and no umbrellas or canopies will be allowed
- Harborview Drive along the park will close at 4:00 p.m. so plan ahead
- Food is available at the Trolley @ the Boatyard and restaurants will be on site taking orders and delivering food to the park. Attendees are encouraged to take advantage of this service and support our local businesses
- It is advised to leave pets at home
- Gig Harbor parks are non-smoking and no alcoholic beverages are allowed
- Pierce County Trolley scheduling and routing can be found at Get Around Gig Harbor Trolley