Before you arrive at the lift
Thanks for choosing Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard for your haulout. Here are a few tips to help get your boat ready and ensure the process goes smoothly:
- Have your fenders up when entering the Travelift area. Otherwise, they tend to get hung up on our slings and cause problems.
- Make sure your waste valves are closed before lifting. (This prevents the discharge of black/gray water.)
- Make sure your boat is low on water and fuel so that the weight of the boat is minimized.
- Have visible sling markers on your hull or at least a mark indicating where the vessel’s keel ends. This ensures we don’t inadvertently sling a transducer, paddle wheel, or shaft.
- Do not enter the Travelift pier until the lift slings are down and an employee signals you to enter.
- There are remnants of a marine railway to the town dock side of our Travelift pier. It is about 1/2 to 1/4 the depth of the Travelift channel. Please stay clear of it on less than 8-foot tides.
- If your sailboat is over 36′ you will need to back into our pier or drop your headstay.
If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to call us before your haulout.