Summer activities are in full swing in downtown Gig Harbor — and that adds up to plenty of fun for the whole family along the waterfront.
Take a look at the weekly line-up of exciting summer events and happenings, most taking place in Skansie Brothers Park right next to us here at Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard, where we’re kind of at the heart of it all in downtown.
Friday Family Fun Movie Night at Skansie Brothers Park
Come down to the park for free films for the whole family, brought to us by the City of Gig Harbor. Activities by Harbor WildWatch begin at 7:30 p.m. with the movies starting at dusk. For more information go to Gigharborguide Movies in the Park.
- July 6 movie: “Wonder” at 9:15 p.m.
- July 13 movie: “Top Gun” at 9 p.m.
- July 20 movie: “Peter Rabbit” at 9 p.m.
- July 27 movie: “Despicable Me 3” at 8:30 p.m.
Summer Sounds at Skansie Concerts in the Park
The City of Gig Harbor’s 16th annual outdoor summer concert series takes place every Tuesday night on the downtown waterfront. Bring your lawn chair, get amazing food at the Trolley @ the Boatyard and enjoy live music in Skansie Brothers Park from 6:30 to 8 p.m. through mid-August. Check out the full line-up here at Summer Sounds at Skansie.
- July 10: The Beatniks – Gig Harbor’s favorite rock and dance band
- July 17: Sweet T and Justice – An Americana and blues band
- July 24: Afton Prater – Country artist with a sound between Miranda Lambert and Taylor Swift
- July 31: Sounds Like Delores – 80’s and 90’s contemporary rock with a little country
Swing Dancing at The Club @ the Boatyard
After the Tuesday night Summer Sounds concerts on July 17, 31 and Aug. 14, walk over to Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard for some fun-for-all-ages swing dancing. This increasingly popular event organized by Gig Harbor’s Hailey Hodgson and Liam Collins starts at 8 p.m. at The Club @ the Boatyard; $10 at the door to help pay for the band and refreshments.
Waterfront Farmers Market
Come down to Skansie Brothers Park and enjoy the Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Alliance’s Farmers Market every Thursday from now through August. New this summer is the market’s extended hours of 1 to 7 p.m. Follow the Waterfront Farmers Market on Facebook for featured vendors, recipes, volunteer opportunities and more.
Watch for details on these other Upcoming Events in the Harbor:
- Peninsula Art League’s 34th Annual Art Festival – July 21-22 on Judson Street
- Downtown Watefront Alliance’s Chalk the Harbor – July 21
- The Waterfront Alliance’s Wine & Food Experience – July 27-29
- Gig Harbor Taproom’s Rooster Races – July 28 in Skansie Park
— Remember! You can enjoy great meals right at the heart of it all at The Trolley @ the Boatyard.
— Take a relaxing, memorable Gig Harbor Gondola cruise around the harbor.
— It’s easy to “Get Around Gig Harbor” on the PT Trolley. Several red trolleys provide convenient service between the historic downtown waterfront district, Harbor Hill and the Uptown shopping district.
Leave the driving — and the parking — to someone else for stress-free traveling to all the shopping, dining, sipping and other Summer Fun events on the harbor.